[Toybox] compiling toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 9 19:49:18 PDT 2014

On 06/09/14 19:35, stephen Turner wrote:
> Im using a current arch linux which I will get you the versions for
> tomorrow when I have access to the system again. I had problems
> compiling it with glibc so I decided to try a musl cross compile.
> Grabbed the current stable 1.1.4? I will double check that, and compiled
> and installed. After which I use the musl-gcc wrapper.  Are you using
> the wrapper or the -I commands to redirect to the musl libraries?

What command line are you using to build?

I've built against musl here, but I have to do so with CFLAGS=--static
since musl isn't installed on the host, thus none of the binaries it
builds will run otherwise.

So I basically do:

make clean
CROSS_COMPILE=musl- PATH=/your/musl/toolchain/bin:$PATH \
  CFLAGS=--static make defconfig all