[Toybox] Toybox on Google play. Was: Fw: [Aboriginal] Aboriginal Linux on Google play.

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:31:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:44 AM, David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that the name and logo are sorted, time to write code.  I'm keeping
> the source here -
>
> https://github.com/onefang/toyboxInstaller

"Likely root will be needed, though I think there are non root ways of
running things like toybox."

There would seem to be.  See
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monami_ya.onebox.manager

It installs Busybox as a non-root application. It requires Android
Terminal Emulator.  Seems to work here on my tablet running 4.2
Jellybean

Source is at https://bitbucket.org/onebox/oneboxpackagemanager

(Though I suspect people inclined to install toybox on Android will
have or want a rooted device.)

> First problem, I noticed that you
> don't always build an armv7l binary, and naturally enough, that's
> exactly what my phone reports as CPU.  Current binaries/latest is
> missing an armv7l binary.

That's what my tablet reports, too.
______
Dennis