[Toybox] [CLEANUP] makedevs

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jun 30 03:11:04 PDT 2014

In the absence of a response to wednesday's request for makedevs tests,
I just used:

#bcdfp
/blah d 755 0 500
/blah/block b 600 0 0
/blah/char c 666 500 500 1 5 3 2 4
/blah/pipe p 777 500 0

Under aboriginal linux, and fixed up the bugs I saw doing that. Seems
to work for me, so I promoted it to other.

I still don't understand the point of "f". I think it's for people
who don't know how to use the cpio, genext2fs, or squashfs creation
tools to create files with arbitrary permissions as a non-root user
on the build host? (Aboriginal Linux does all three correctly,
last I checked. Oh well.)