[Toybox] [Patch] - freeramdisk, openvt & deallocvt

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 9 12:26:07 PDT 2014

On 02/05/14 07:19, Vivek Bhagat wrote:
> Please find the patches attached herewith for adding 3 new commands -

Ah! Sorry I took so long to respond to this. (No idea where February went.)

I've applied three commands you sent to the pending directory. Only
change in the initial checkin was making them default n (because stuff
in pending shouldn't be enabled in the defconfig build).

Question about your test log: there's a test suite in scripts/test that
I'm hoping to fluff out to cover the whole of toybox at some point.
(Probably, alas, after 1.0. My hobby time is stretched really thin these
days..)

It would be really nice if you could add test files there to test your
new commands. You can run "make tests" to run the entire test suite, or
run "scripts/test.sh commandname" to test just one at a time. (Both from
the top level of the toybox source.)

The "cat.test" file is a good general template for adding tests for a
new command, and "chgrp.test" shows you how to test a command that
requires root access.

Anybody who wants to add tests, they go in no questions asked. That's an
area I haven't got any time to do and would love it if somebody took off
my hands. :)

Thanks, and sorry again for the delay,