[Toybox] cpio cleanup (was: cpio -d patch)

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:16:16 PDT 2014

I see that a bit of cleanup has happened to cpio, most of it constituting a
significant improvement.

That said, it seems you gave too much credence to GNU cpio's
documentation in one point:
Per the POSIX standard (SUSv2) that the LSB refers to, -t is a modifier for
the -i action and "cpio -t" is incorrect.
(See: pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/cpio.html)

BSD cpio versions make "cpio -t" an error. (Debian packages the BSD cpio
version from libarchive as bsdcpio.)
GNU treats it the same as "cpio -it", and documents it the way you document it.

This means that it would be impossible for a script to get a listing
from libarchive cpio and toybox cpio without having special cases.

I'm guessing this means that [!iot] should be [!io][!to].
We can ignore whether -i and -t were both passed, thanks to the
C keyword "else" :).

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham