[Toybox] A thought about toybox and IOT

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Fri May 9 06:43:46 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 04:06:32PM -0700, Tim Bird wrote:
> There were some interesting presentations at the recent ELC about systems
> running with very low memory.  Particularly interesting were the talk about
> micro-Yocto by Tom Zanussi and the talk about Linux on microControllers by
> Vitaly Wool.  Talk slides are online at:
> http://elinux.org/ELC_2014_Presentations

Speaking of micro-Yocto, this patch series got mentioned on Phoronix:
http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1405.0/index.html#02486
(RFC: A reduced Linux network stack for small machines)
It's a patch series used with micro-Yocto and tested by Tom Zanussi,
that reduces size of the network stack to about 170k .text from 400k
(at least when combined with LTO...they may  be able to improve that)
Of course Dave Miller said "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no..."
And there I found a link to github.com/tzanussi/linux-yocto-micro-3.14

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham