[Toybox] Sorry for the radio silence...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Nov 7 23:01:03 PST 2014

I have something like 30 open windows with half-finished things in them.
Bit of a failure mode of having too much to do, not _finishing_ things.
I have Lukasz's tail fix, Ashwini Sharma's entire directory full of
pending fixes and new commands, I'm _almost_ done with sed, pending
mount fix for "mount -a" remounting tmpfs instances, the merge of
nsenter into unshare, the grep -ABC stuff, extending the ls test suite
to check for the recently fixed stuff, the bionic probe, the rewrite of
the command flag infrastructure so standalone works for everything, a
cleanout of as many calls to fork() as I can to improve working on nommu
systems, adding the tizen commands to the roadmap:

Oh, they're interested in:

tizen: wget, sha256*, gzip, gunzip, bunzip2, rsync, zdiff*,
       less, ar, arch, base64, csplit, dir, fmt, join,
       nproc, shred, shuf, stdbuf, stty, test, tr, unexpand,
       users, vdir, diff3, sdiff, dosfsck (fsck.vfat), awk,
       fdisk

Where was I... finishing ping would be good. And the dd cleanup. And
sha1sum big endian is still broken. And I have a window open reminding
me that unicode sequences 202e and 202d change the direction the string
prints in so I need to take that into account when doing command line
editing code. And I _still_ need to patch \| support into the new musl
version, and fix the other musl brokenness that I added a portability.h
stanza for, and

But what's really distracted me the past couple days (other than sed and
poking at nommu systmes) is I finally got Laurent Vivier's m68k fork to
run my aborigial linux m68k build. (Yay!) So I need to fix that up ad
try to get qemu support for m68k upstream. And then do a coldfire target
so I have a second nommu test system (in addition to sh2, which now has
elf2flt hooked up, and maybe even working).

Oh, and I need to resubmit toybox to buildroot (updated for 0.5.0 and
the musl thing)...

Oh, and I found a usb to serial converter to test the getty speed
setting logic change with, except I need _two_ of them for that to work.
(My little xylinx sh2 test thingy for work has a usb to serial converter
built in! Which doesn't care _what_ speed you set it to because there
isn't actual serial sigallling going on, it's just a char device to pump
data across USB...)

Oh, and "touch" still isn't fixed. (The .12 fractional seconds is
aligned wrong, and I think 'Z' might still be missing?)

Another note to self about curly bracket parsing (preparing for another
go at toysh), if you do "ls toys/*/{modprobe,netcat,nohup,tftpd}.c" the
{entry} is enabled only when the relevant * directory has one, so I need
a test suite entry for that and the logic has to get it right...

I have eight desktops full of this stuff. And half composed emails that
I haven't sent yet, I should clear some of those out...

That said, this weekend I've got to go to a weddig, so I dunno how much
I'll get done...