[Toybox] Android support

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 20 21:24:53 PST 2014

On 11/20/14 12:33, enh wrote:
> i notice you just added sethostname to portability.c which causes this
> warning on Android:
>
> external/toybox/lib/portability.c:70:3: warning: implicit declaration
> of function 'syscall' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>    return syscall(__NR_sethostname, name, len);
>
> the correct #include would have been #include <sys/syscall.h>, not
> <asm/unistd.h>. you really shouldn't ever #include an asm/ file.

Agreed.

I merged the contribution mostly as-is because I don't have an android
build environment set up. (I need to reinstall a system to get an
environment to set up AOSP in, and the release deadline was 4 days
overdue...)

> i'm also curious about what your target is. AOSP master has
> sethostname, so you don't need any of this. (but you do need some
> other changes.)

My target is making these guys happy:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=76861

That said, I see they posted their own diff to that thread since the
last time I looked at it, so I'll see about merging that instead.

> anyway, let me know what you're trying to do and i'll try to help.
>
>  --elliott (bionic maintainer)

Isaac Dunham did the patch I merged. I have some local logistical issues
freeing up a machine with enough resources to build AOSP, they're all
doing things I need them to do yet bad for AOSP in one way or another, I
need to devote a weekend to reinstalling one...

I'll try to get the better android patch applied this weekend. (The
annotation of individual commands that won't work without utmpx and such
in the old patch is good, so I should merge the two...)

Thank you,