[Toybox] Question about ping.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Oct 13 12:21:38 PDT 2014

On 10/13/14 14:07, stephen Turner wrote:
> Could you make it a menu/config flag similarly to how mv and cp are
> added/removed?

I could, sure. I prefer to avoid burdening users with implementation
details, but I suppose "support 2.6 kernels (requires suid root)" isn't
too confusing.

I do actually have a somewhat funny limitation that because I'm turning
the menuconfig help text into ---help output for each command, I haven't
currently got a way of explaining the config options in a way that
DOESN'T wind up in the help text.

(I could make it so lines starting with # don't go into the help text,
but I'm balancing "do things automatically so people aren't bothered
with details" against "magic things happen and I don't know why and am
afraid to touch it". Beyond a certain point, I'm just plain reluctant to
make the infrastructure more complicated unless absolutely necessary.)

But in this case, I can explain it in the option name. :)