[Toybox] Query About Compress/gzip

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Oct 28 07:13:46 PDT 2014

On 10/28/14 03:20, Ashwini Sharma wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
>    I was going thru the compress code base in toys/pending.
>    It is decompressing fine, but compression is not working fine.
>    Is this the incomplete part or the entry point to deflate is missing?
>
>    I am interested in having gzip and gunzip. Please give your inputs.

I have compression side about 50% written over here, but I got
distracted by other things. I'm most of the way through sed, then I need
to finish up ping (got mugged by a day job change over here, coming up
to speed on the sh2 nommu target has been a lot more time consuming than
I expected), and then I can finish gzip compression side.

(The unresolved part of is figuring out when to do dictionary resets.
There doesn't actually seem to be a consensus on that...)

> Thanks,
> Ashwini

Sorry this is all taking so long,