[Toybox] status update

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Sep 15 08:06:36 PDT 2014

Yes I'm behind on getting the release out, but testing toybox in the
linux from scratch build of aboriginal found more bugs (find -xdev was
filtering out the mount point as well as the contents, cpio -p is
actually used in various places) that took a bit longer than expected to
track down and fix. (I had to redo the xpopen() infrastructure so it
could intercept stdin _or_ stdout but not necessarily both, otherwise
the child process's output pipe filled up while the parent was still
sending data but not reading it in the cpio -vp case, so it hung).

Light at the end of the tunnel, just have to finish and check in the
ping and useradd stuff (and the other half of the static analysis fixes
from ashwini, and I think there's more test suite stuff pending from
Divya) and then I can cut a release.