[Toybox] [Issue] - single build

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Sep 4 21:11:09 PDT 2014

On 09/04/14 22:32, Ashwini Sharma wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> When doing a single build toy_list is populated with the command to be built
> and all it __aliases__ in the chronological ascending order.

Yeah, single build are only about halfway implemented, in that they
aren't compatible with aliases. You can't build "mv" (an alias of cp,
with different behavior) with single.sh at all.

There's missing infrastructure I have to design and implement. It's been
a bit down the todo list.

> This is creating issue, use case is __grep__
>
> this enables __egrep__, __fgrep__ and __grep__. The default selected
> command is egrep, as it is first in the list.
>
> While testing 'grep -e' it shouts.
>
> May be doing toy_find() is required while doing singleinit().

Except half the point of the single builds is to drop out the
multiplexer infrastructre.

> regards,
> Ashwini

I'm way overdue getting a release out because I keep hitting bugs (both
in the new toybox commands and my aboriginal linux test environment,
which I perturbed greatly to add basic musl support and thus
destablizied the uClibc support I'm trying to regression test against).
Lemme get a release out and then I'll try to extend scripts/single.sh to
do this.

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. In Linux From scratch, iproute2 is building its own local libutil,
but the the build links against the libc libutil and stops searching for
more libraries once it's found one with that name, and then the build
breaks with unresolved symbols. Getting the search order right so the
compiler command line they feed in does what they want is _subtle_.
That's where I stopped for the night, tackle it again in the morning...