[Toybox] [Issue] - mounting a device again

Ashwini Sharma ak.ashwini1981 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:18:31 PDT 2014

Hi Rob,

What I meant was trying to mount an already mounted device on a different
mountpoint.

In my use case, this is snapshot of my /proc/filesystems
nodev inotifyfs
nodev devpts
ext3
ext4
nodev ramfs

and following is the results when I mount /dev/loop0 (an ext4 formatted
image) on /mnt/one

gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/ashwini/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=500,group_id=500)
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/one type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Now try to mount the same /dev/loop0 on /mnt/two
result is
# sudo ./toybox mount /dev/loop0 /mnt/two
mount: '/dev/loop0'->'/mnt/two': Device or resource busy

At this point of time, mount tried with ext3 first, got EBUSY and exited.
Whereas it should loop through other filesystems for autodetection
and try to mount with ext4 (in this case) as is present in
/proc/filesystems.

regards,
Ashwini