[Toybox] IPv6 on arp, arping

Yeongdeok Suh skyducks111 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 00:12:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

Nowadays, I'm looking through IPv6 supportable commands in Toybox.
And I found that some commands are works totally different with ipv4.
Today I gonna talk about arp and arping.

IPv4 arp and arping use broadcasting for discovering network.
But IPv6 doesn't support broadcasting, and use neighbor discovery instead
of ICMP and ARP.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/821-1453/ipv6-ref-34.html#scrolltoc

So, these commands are cannot be implemented with additional options.
In my opinion, toybox needs new command, ndp.
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?format=html&query=ndp(8)

Do you have any plan for ndp?
And Could you share your opinion for Ipv6 support?