[Toybox] Integration of SMACK

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 29 11:35:46 PDT 2015

On 04/23/2015 08:51 PM, Hyejin Kim wrote:
> Hi.
>
>> Basically I'm still blocked by the fact I can't _test_ this stuff. I
>> don't have an environment I can boot up under kvm with a toolchain
>> with smack headers installed so I can build this and run the result.
>> So if I make any changes, I can't try the result. (Somebody mentioned
>> poky? Is there an ISO image I can install under kvm?)
>
> Regarding testing environment,
> Can you use the Tizen SDK (including emulator) ? It is helpful to test
> SMACK and related things..

I downloaded that, but it wants me to run an installer, as root.

With AOSP, I could install everything it needed into a directory, and it
wouldn't mess with anything outside that directory. But the tizen sdk
assumes that my development machine is dedicated to tizen and that it
can modify my filesystem as root, and I need to run a setup wizard to do
everything for me because I am not expected to understand what's going on.

If I can get an image I can run under qemu or kvm, yay. If I need to
install a copy of ubuntu that I can install the tizen sdk _into_
(because it thinks it's special), I can probably do that, but not this week.