[Toybox] Make Errors

Brent Hostetler brent at hostetler.ws
Sun Aug 30 23:07:54 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Evidently, GCC 5.2, at least as shipped by your distro (Arch? I don't
> know who else is that bleeding edge) has found a new way to break things:
>
> refuse to accept use of static variables in non-static inline functions.
>
> This is breaking kconfig (note: we use an old version from Linux 2.6.12
> via Busybox that's going to get ripped out and replaced eventually).
>
> I'm not sure about how much sense any of this makes, given that "static"
> means different things depending on scope:
> -an otherise global object is limited to per-file visibility
> -a local object becomes persistent across calls to the function
>
> But it *should* be possible to add a "static" to kconf_id_lookup (in
> kconfig/zconf.hash.c_shipped); I have not tested this.
>
> HTH,
> Isaac

Yes, I am on archlinux.

[rking at rkmini kconfig]$ pacman -Qi gcc binutils
Name           : gcc
Version        : 5.2.0-2
Description    : The GNU Compiler Collection - C and C++ frontends
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://gcc.gnu.org
Licenses       : GPL  LGPL  FDL  custom
Groups         : base-devel
Provides       : None
Depends On     : gcc-libs=5.2.0-2  binutils>=2.25  libmpc
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : clang
Optional For   : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 101.40 MiB
Packager       : Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
Build Date     : Wed 05 Aug 2015 06:36:44 AM PDT
Install Date   : Sat 15 Aug 2015 01:39:24 PM PDT
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : Yes
Validated By   : Signature

Name           : binutils
Version        : 2.25.1-3
Description    : A set of programs to assemble and manipulate binary
and object files
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/
Licenses       : GPL
Groups         : base-devel
Provides       : None
Depends On     : glibc>=2.22  zlib
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : gcc
Optional For   : None
Conflicts With : binutils-multilib
Replaces       : binutils-multilib
Installed Size :  26.76 MiB
Packager       : Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>
Build Date     : Wed 12 Aug 2015 12:33:08 AM PDT
Install Date   : Thu 20 Aug 2015 07:26:10 PM PDT