[Toybox] id vs whoami opinions sought

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Dec 2 10:13:40 PST 2015

On 11/27/2015 12:45 AM, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:
> <mailto:scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au>>:
>
>     I was just wondering which is better for response and clean output
>     format in a script since toybox has both available.
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-5.1/man1/whoami.1?query=whoami&sec=1&manpath=OpenBSD-5%2e1

Not sure how openbsd's opinion is relevant to anything in 2015. :)

I merged readahead, which is just calling an ioctl. In theory the new
ioctl command I'm working on could do that itself with an appropriate
command line. That doesn't mean I'm yanking readahead now it's in...

That said, both are there and both should work...