[Toybox] service

stephen Turner stephen.n.turner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:50:47 PST 2015

Hey Rob, Dalias wrote an article and i think i agree with it (I admittedly
may not know my out port from a hole in the ground but i have been doing a
lot of reading this weekend) where he talks about the issues with init and
pid 1. There he wrote a like 10 line init that only did what it absolutely
had to and then called rc. I certainly think it fits your "as little as
possible" mentality with this project and could be a good fit. it would be
one program i doubt you would ever touch again thats for sure. He licensed
it under a BSD but originally it was open so maybe he would offer us that
code (or you could modify it) ?

http://ewontfix.com/14/

Whats your thought about this minimalist init? all of the fancy bells and
whistles can be outsourced to something else im sure.