[Toybox] sed s/pattern/\<newline>/

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jan 8 18:40:33 PST 2015

On 01/08/2015 03:38 PM, Felix Janda wrote:
> sed doesn't allow embedded newlines in the replacement for s///, e.g.
>
> s/walrus/wal\
> rus/

Indeed, that's the next sed bug I'm wrestling with right now.

> It is not obvious to me how to fix this. There is some code for dealing
> with line continuations but I don't see how to use it.

I've blogged about this but haven't swapped my blog to the new year yet.
Lemme go do that...

http://landley.net/notes-2015.html#04-01-2015

P.S. I hit a bug after that one too, but don't remember what it was at
the moment. I promoted sed too early. Fixing it before the next release...

> Felix

Thanks,