[Toybox] Comment on the 'Error: TTY could not be found'

Isaac Dunham ibid.ag at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:36:45 PDT 2015

Hello,
I noticed the May 14 post on the behavior of procps 'ps', and I think I can
explain what's going on. In the command:
ps -o c time
'c' is taken as the argument to -o.
'time' is left over.
Since it doesn't have a leading '-' and isn't a number, it's interpreted
as the BSD syntax 't' option, followed by the tty 'ime'.

To specify multiple fields with the procps version of ps, you need
to either separate them with commas (ps -o c,time) or quote them
(ps -o 'c time').

Of course, by now Rob's probably figured all that out.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham