[Toybox] Build issue (no reference for setns interface)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Mar 19 15:52:30 PDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 11:44 PM, Ranjan Kumar wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM, enh <enh at google.com
> <mailto:enh at google.com>> wrote:
>
>     i think you need to be more specific about which version of which C
>     library you're using. setns is in current bionic, musl, and glibc
>     since 2.14.
>
>     On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Ranjan Kumar
>     <ranjankumar.bth at gmail.com <mailto:ranjankumar.bth at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi Rob,
>     >
>     > The source code of hg have build issue.
>     > "setns" interface (file nsenter.c) is declared but not defined.
>     >
>     > With Regards,
>     > Ranjan.
>
> The issue is with glibc version is 2.13, which I am using (GCC version
> is 4.5.1).
>
> Agreed, no build issue with glibc version 2.15.

But there is with uClibc. (The syscall was introduced 5 years ago, you
can't expect uClibc to have adapted so quickly.)

I think I'd rather just put a patch for uClibc in aboriginal. Long-term,
I plan to A) migrate  aboriginal to musl, B) add nommu support to musl
(at least sh2).

So if it doesn't work with the last-ever uClibc release from 2012, I'm
ok with that. (You can always switch nsenter and unshare off in
menuconfig. It's not worth a compile-time probe for a dead project.)