[Toybox] integration of SMACK

José Bollo jobol at nonadev.net
Wed May 6 06:27:14 PDT 2015

Le mardi 05 mai 2015 à 08:53 -0700, enh a écrit :
> a few comments...
>

> +config MKNOD_SMACK
>

> we should probably call these something more generic because we know
> i'll be along a day later after the hard part is done adding the
> SELinux variant :-) right now (including your patch) it looks like we
> have TOY_SELINUX, TOY_SMACK, TOY_SECURITY, and TOY_Z all in
> circulation. although i added TOY_Z just the other day, maybe
> TOY_SECURITY is the best choice? anyway, if rob lets us know which he
> prefers, it's probably helpful if we stick to one idiom.
>

> (using SMACK at least lets me grep for stuff i need to look at, but i
> don't know whether to use SECURITY or Z when i do.)

Hi all, Hi Elliott, Hi Rob,

I just made a new proposal with your remarks and using SECURITY config
keyword for both SELINUX and SMACK.

You'll find it here:

https://github.com/jobol/toybox/tree/smack-8

I reviewed the printing of ls and my proposal looks good. I know that
passing the dirfd as parameter is not that good but it works well this
way. About the problem of help for ls, it remains.

Best regards
José Bollo

PS: I made a pull request for the tool stat

rePS: Fill free to use github to comment my proposal line by line

rerePS: When consistent, prefixing the summary of the comment by the
name of the tool looks good to me

rererePS: Going to the wind now...