[Toybox] What should I do with my boxes generic editor code?

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:01:23 PDT 2015

I have to go to work soon, but I can quickly reply to this bit, then
answer the rest later, after work, or during a break in work.

On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:57 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> I remember at one point I asked if there was a way to chip off a
> hundred or so self-contained lines to add as a first step, I believe
> I suggested the escape key sequence parsing (ala the stuff I
> eventually implemented myself for hexedit) might be self-containable?
> I do not remember a patch to toybox lib/ forthcoming in response, but
> maybe I missed it.

Yep, you missed that, I split that part out into the handlekeys.c, plus
an example of how to use it called dumbsh.c.  I did that about a year
and a half ago, posted it to the mailing list.

I'll read and reply to your reply later today (my time, I'm on the
opposite side of the planet from you, unless you are in Japan again).