[Toybox] ps -O?

enh enh at google.com
Wed Nov 18 21:53:16 PST 2015

the common (but non-POSIX) -O option seems like a useful counterpart
to -o, especially if we plan (as i think we should) on deprecating
toolbox ps' -c/-p/-P in favor of -o. the GNU semantics are a bit
weird, not allowing it in conjunction with anything else that would
affect the list of fields to be displayed. seems like the simpler "and
in addition to whatever else the other command-line options would
imply, add these fields" would be simpler for the user?

so "toolbox ps -c" would be "toybox ps -O psr", and "toolbox ps -P"
would be "toybox ps -O prio,nice,rtprio,sched". (which might seem
rather awkward, but i've no reason to believe they're used much
interactively anyway. which is then an argument that YAGNI. which is
why i'm just mentioning this possibility rather than sending out a
patch.)

Android native code/tools questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.