[Toybox] pull: fix modprobe, login, switch_root, improve init, reboot

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Fri Oct 2 11:31:04 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 08:00:24AM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> [in the context of long running processes]
> > Rich Felker wrote:
> > > Why?
> If I'm not mistaken, xfork() and XVFORK() will perror_exit on failure.
> This results in a fork-bomb killing a long-running hotplug helper.

Indeed. I suspect being robust against resource-exhaustion conditions
is going to be harder than just avoiding these 'x' functions, but it's
a necessary condition. It would be nice to audit all the toys that are
intended to be long-running rather than commands that just do their
thing and exit to reduce or eliminate any fatal exits after they reach
the 'long-running' part.

Rich