[Toybox] [toybox] smack support

enh enh at google.com
Sun Sep 20 22:28:30 PDT 2015

On Sep 20, 2015 10:24 PM, "enh" <enh at google.com> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2015 6:07 PM, "Rob Landley" <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> >

> > On 09/20/2015 06:01 AM, José Bollo wrote:

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I can make the chsmack adaptation. For me the question is "should
> > > toybox implment it?". Why not but it is up to Rob to decide.
> >
> > "Yes but..."
> >
> > The toys/android directory is full of a bunch of similar commands, and I
> > kinda want to stick it in there, but that would involve either remaining
> > that directory or confirming with Elliott that he doesn't care. :)
>
> that's not what i've been using toys/android for :-)

sent too early...

for me, toys/android is for stuff where android is different from other
systems. so SELinux stuff where you can just use the exact same code on,
say, Ubuntu, doesn't go there. but SELinux stuff that's specific to android
extensions to libselinux --- that does. commands for android-only things
like system properties --- they do. but cases where the android
implementation is the same as other systems --- that wouldn't make any
sense in there. pending or other or whatever would make more sense.

(and this is ignoring the fact that android doesn't use smack, which is
what these two are talking about here... smack-only commands especially
wouldn't make sense in an android directory. but android-specific getprop
and setprop commands wouldn't make sense in an lsm directory either, or
indeed any directory that didn't make it clear that this is really
android-only.)