[Toybox] [patch] add new command "nslookup"

Rich Felker dalias at libc.org
Mon Sep 21 19:08:13 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 10:26:27AM +0900, Hyejin Kim wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Added a new command "nslookup" for internal needs.
>
> Have a look, plz.

FYI the method of poking at _res to change nameservers does not work
with musl and support for it won't be added -- it's an ugly stateful
mess relying on accidentally-exposed internal data structures.

I think Rob has something based on my version of host(1) in pending,
which shows how to query arbitrary servers and parse arbitrary records
(not just A/AAAA) in a clean manner with the public stateless APIs.
But what you have so far might be a good addition for the mean time
anyway until it can be improved.

Rich