[Toybox] ps and top (and Android)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Apr 30 18:12:47 PDT 2016

On 04/29/2016 08:06 PM, enh wrote:
>>> * i need to send you the Android-specific cruft for scheduling policy.
>>
>> Woot.
>
> you say that because you haven't seen it yet :-)

Eh, more a conceptual woot.

> attached. i kept the #ifs in lib/portability.* because there was no
> obvious way to just say "this field isn't useful outside of Android".

This:

+  {"STAT", -5, 64}, {"PCY", 3, 64|SLOT_pcy},

Is why I didn't do this:

-  long long slot[58];       // data from /proc
+  long long slot[SLOT_count]; // data (see enum above)

Updating it reminds me how close I am to needing to move that flag. (I
should break down and move it to 128 but that's one extra character that
means I can fit fewer entries per line. Not a serious objection, just a
grumble. Really what I should do is #define it but I can't think of a 2
character name that's remotely informative, and that means we're back to
fitting less per line.)

>>> other than that, i went through my old notes and i think everything
>>> else is now done. i'll get AOSP synced this afternoon (must be friday
>>> again!) and send you a patch for the scheduling policy names.
>>
>> I'll try to figure out what to do about column expansion. (Mental note:
>> how does this impact top not wrapping lines and thus scrolling the
>> screen...)

Still working on that, I got distracted by the fact we recognize a lot
more fields than the help text documents and I need to fill that in.
(And as long as I'm re-wordwrapping help entries, I might as well
"#define BRANE 128" re-wordwrap the strawberry fields... Ok, yes, my
naming gets terrible when I'm tired. Plenty of sleep, just always very
busy in Japan...)