[Toybox] [landley/toybox] find -cmin -amin -mmin (#58)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Dec 9 11:30:21 PST 2016

On 12/09/2016 12:38 PM, brian-leidos wrote:
> looks like this could easily be added to find, similar to ctime, atime,
> mtime, just changing the unit value to, what, 60?

Easily, sure. Please tell me more about your use case?

Explanation: I don't always know where to draw the line on featuritis so
for non-posix extensions I tend to wait for an actual user to show up
and complain about it being missing. "Package $NAME's makefile broke
because it did find -cmin" is a strong argument for adding it. "I was
reading through the man page and wondering why you hadn't done this, but
I've never used it before myself either" not so much. And yes, that
second one's come up more than once, which is why I ask. :)

Sigh, I should probably add that to the FAQ.

Thanks,

Rob

P.S. The shell's $((42*60)) is an underappreciated posix feature. Not a
substitute for other things people actually use, I'm just saying it's nice.