[Toybox] testing a single command?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Feb 19 09:49:24 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:48 PM, enh <enh at google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag at gmail.com> wrote:

I recently added a generated .singlemake (output by defconfig and
friends) which adds "make sed" and so on targets for each command
except "install" and "help". (And I taught "make clean" to delete them
all, since they output in the top level dir, unlike "make change".)

>>> sorry, i wasn't clear: i meant "what's the easiest way to just run the
>>> 'sed' tests?".

>> scripts/test.sh TOYNAME
>
> d'oh! thanks.

You'll also want to know about TEST_HOST=1 (run tests against host
binary out of $PATH), VERBOSE=1 (show diff of failing command's
expected vs actual output), and VERBOSE=fail (same as 1 but stops at
first failure).

I usually do:

  VEBOSE=fail scripts/test.sh sed