[Toybox] all argument parsing broken right now?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jul 16 21:38:20 PDT 2016

On 07/16/2016 12:06 PM, enh wrote:
> specifically #define OPTSTR_toybox 0 versus #define OPTSTR_toybox " "...
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM, enh <enh at google.com> wrote:
>> seems to be the mkflags.c change in
>> https://github.com/landley/toybox/commit/adef5dcb1857f524e2a24dd0223f31db7cd7a8b9

Oops. Sorry, I tested standalone but didn't test the multiplexer.

The point of the change is to make OLDTOY() argument parsing work so
sha256sum and friends could share help text with sha1sum. And it did!

The problem I was trying to solve is that if the base command is
disabled but an OLDTOY() for it is enabled, the base command's option
string was a null pointer. The NEW problem is that the multiplexer
itself has an option string that SHOULD always be a null pointer, and
now isn't.

Gotta get the conditionals right. Hmmm...