[Toybox] Kernighan's awk repo

Andy Chu andychup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:20:11 PDT 2016

> yeah, i'd like to see asan support in toybox's makefile; i'm starting
> to get a small pile of bug reports from the folks running asan Android
> system images, but it's going to be inconvenient to have to deal with
> them on the device rather than just on the host.

How are they generating test input?  When you say "folks running", is
that an automated or manual process?  Are the bug reports public, and
are they in toybox or elsewhere on the system image?

In case it got lost, these patches I sent out in March added ASAN
support to Toybox's Makefile, as well as scripts for running tests
under the ASAN-instrumented binaries (and other LLVM sanitizers)

http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2016-March/008147.html

I think Rob didn't agree with it being a big lump, which is some what
understandable.  In my defense, if something is in good shape, I will
be very careful and make the minimum changes.  If something is in bad
shape, as the toybox tests are, I don't feel bad about rewriting it --
it deserves it.

In other words, if I find 5 bugs in the process of adding a feature,
I'm going to take more liberties in re-architecting it... and those
patches fixed way more than 5 bugs in the test harness, some of which
I'm sure are still there.

Andy