[Toybox] A couple of minor fixes

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Jun 5 14:50:02 PDT 2016

On 06/05/2016 03:49 PM, Paul Barker wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 14:17:24 -0500
>> But if they can't handle INT_MAX/2, it sounds like they're violating
>> posix. That's a bug in glibc printf, not in my code. :(
>>

> In my experience, everyone violates posix!

Because http://landley.net/notes-2016.html#11-03-2016 is killing posix.

But what I meant was "this is an obvious glibc bug, and a recently
introduced one at that". If they refuse to fix it, I'll take another
look at the workaround, but please try poking them first.

> Let's leave this out of toybox for now. Glibc "2.24" in OpenEmbedded is
> a bit premature as upstream glibc doesn't seem to have released 2.24
> yet. It's probably been updated due to the jump to gcc 6.1 breaking
> things in older glibc releases.

So new versions of the FSF's compiler cannot build existing versions of
the FSF's C library, and they were ok releasing that and have no plans
to fix it? Yeah, that's about what I expect from the FSF.

> When it all settles down I'll give this
> another look and see if the issue still remains.

Thanks. I do care about the issue, I just think the right fix is
probably elsewhere.