[Toybox] non-GPLv3 mtools?

enh enh at google.com
Mon Mar 14 20:36:29 PDT 2016

a non-GPLv3 mtools would be nice for UEFI purposes.

(actually, better than mtools would be "take this directory and give
me a corresponding FAT[1] image".)

i don't know how many requests you need before you put things on the
roadmap, but afaik there's no non-GPLv3 alternative here, which seems
like a good niche for someone to fill...

___
1. okay, not really FAT ("The file system supported by the Extensible
Firmware Interface is based on the FAT file system. EFI defines a
specific version of FAT that is explicitly documented and testable.
Conformance to the EFI specification and its associate reference
documents is the only definition of FAT that needs to be implemented
to support EFI. To differentiate the EFI file system from pure FAT, a
new partition file system type has been defined.") but FAT-ish.

Android native code/tools questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.