[Toybox] Toybox test image / fuzzing

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 13 11:55:05 PDT 2016

On 03/13/2016 01:06 PM, enh wrote:
> #include <cwhyyoushouldbedoingunittestinginstead>
>
> only having integration tests is why it's so hard to test toybox ps
> and why it's going to be hard to fuzz the code: we're missing the
> boundaries that let us test individual pieces. it's one of the major
> problems with the toybox design/coding style. sure, it's something all
> the existing competition in this space gets wrong too, but it's the
> most obvious argument for the creation of the _next_ generation
> tool...

I started adding test_blah commands to the toys/example directory. I
plan to move the central ps plumbing to lib/proc.c and untangle the 5
commands in there into separate files, we can add test_proc commands if
you can think of good individual pieces to test.

I'm open to this category of test, and have the start of a mechanism.
I'm just spread a bit thin, and it's possible I don't understand the
kind of test harness you want?