[Toybox] df command extra options

James McMechan james.w.mcmechan at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:40:26 PDT 2016

While poking about I noticed that the toybox df command does not have the
common option "-i" which displays the inodes of a  filesystem instead of
the blocks. I ran out of inodes on a flash card a few days back.

Also the somewhat insane but handy option "--o" would also be nice as it
displays both the block and inode info.
Personally I now frequently check space with "df -h --o"
Filesystem     Type     Inodes IUsed IFree IUse%  Size  Used Avail Use%
File Mounted on
/dev/root      ext4       5.5M  3.2M  2.3M   59%  928G  849G   33G  97%
-    /
tmpfs          tmpfs      2.0M   568  2.0M    1%  1.6G  868K  1.6G   1%
-    /run

I am not sure why they picked a long option "--output=" when the short
option "-o" is not in use, but hey it's GNU and improved ;)
the option is supposed to allow you to pick the fields but I usually just
want them all which is the default.

Jim