[Toybox] top -H segfault

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 26 11:10:46 PDT 2016

On 05/25/2016 03:59 PM, enh wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> On 05/23/2016 07:59 PM, enh wrote:
>> Null dereference on *otb and *ntb because now you traverse the tree in
>> order and keep each node that has a non-null ->extra field.
>>
>> Try now?
>
> (sorry, was too busy to get back to this until now...)
>
> yes, works for me now, and i probably wouldn't have found that myself
> in a reasonable amount of time anyway!

What changed recently was what broke it, as usual. :)

I need to work out how to regression test more stuff. I think the "fake
/proc tarball snapshot" approach is probably the best I'm going to get
for ps, but how you test _top_ with that is an open question because all
the deltas would be zero...

(No, I am not making a fake kernel filesystem to feed false data to top
under qemu.)

> "toybox top -b -n 1 -o
> pid,tid,user,pr,ni,%cpu,s,vsz,rss,pcy,command,name -s 6" now looks
> close enough to what dumpstate wants for bug reports that i can give
> it a go...

I added the "numbers don't truncate" logic too, a few days back. (Poking
at wget now...)