[Toybox] How do I tell cyanogenmod they're wrong?

Tom Marshall tom at cyngn.com
Tue May 31 10:03:53 PDT 2016

In your example below, the permission denied message and subsequent
failure exit code are the result of EACCES on open(2).  The issue we had
was when file copying succeeded but the subsequent chown(2) fails.

This can be demonstrated on stock Ubuntu 14.04 as follows:

$ sudo touch foo
$ cp -a foo bar
$ echo $?
0
$ ls -l foo bar
-rw-r--r-- 1 tdm  tdm  0 May 31 18:59 bar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 May 31 18:59 foo

I can't say that this is correct or even necessarily desirable, but it
is indeed what coreutils does.

Also note that in your example below, you are using VFAT.  The bug in
question regards the OnePlus One.  It does not use VFAT (no sdcard), it
uses ext4 (or possibly f2fs, but mostly ext4).