[Toybox] How to make oneit act as init?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Aug 1 19:11:25 PDT 2017

On 08/01/2017 06:45 AM, Liwei Jiang wrote:
> I learn that oneit is the substitution of init. But replacing all calls
> of init to oneit is a little troublesome. Is there a workaround here,
> for example, linking init to oneit?

It's not a straight substitution. Oneit runs a single child process
(with a controlling tty), and shuts down the system when that child exits.

You generally run oneit at the end of a PID 1 init script, such as the
one mkroot writes out (lines 171-197):

  https://github.com/landley/mkroot/blob/master/mkroot.sh#L171

There is a more conventional system V style init in the pending
directory, but it hasn't gone through the full (time consuming) review
process to be promoted into defconfig yet.