[Toybox] patch to disable scripts/make.sh GITHASH=...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Aug 5 18:14:31 PDT 2017

On 08/04/2017 12:43 AM, Thomas wrote:
> GITHASH grabs info from yocto dir (contains toybox*.tgz)

Wait, your git --describe is finding a random tarball in some other
directory?

That's really broken.

> and the final toybox no longer prints out helpful-ver#.
> -> dont-hide-version-num.patch

That's a pretty clear yocto bug (one I can't reproduce), but if you're
adding a workaround for this yocto bug the easy thing to do is keep
GITHASH if it's already be set, not add a second special case variable.

Then yocto can set it to whatever they want, working around their own bug.