[Toybox] Out of tree build support

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 21 15:00:10 PST 2017

On 12/21/2017 11:16 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 12/19/2017 06:25 PM, Patrick Oppenlander wrote:
>> I'm not receiving emails for this thread. Maybe the mailing list is
>> smart enough to know you're CC'ing me?
>
> Ah, you're using gmail. This is a known perennial bug in gmail:
>
>   https://landley.net/notes-2011.html#05-04-2011

And of course as soon as I send that I notice that the OTHER known
perennial bug in gmail has trigered, namely gmail has false positived on
an email as spam, and when it refused delivery of that message for every
list recipient using gmail, and refused delivery of multiple retries
from dreamhost's list server, the list server disabled their list
subscriptions because mail was undeliverable.

Here's the one it refused:

http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2017-December/009309.html

And here's a represenative bounce message:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; soapboxcicero+toybox at gmail.com
Remote-MTA: dns; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 [64.90.62.195      18] Our system has
detected
    that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low
    reputation of the sending IP 550-5.7.1 address. To best protect our
users
    from spam, the message has been 550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit 550
5.7.1
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more information.
    p76si13464492pfa.247 - gsmtp

It does this about once a month these days. I remember it did it while
it was in tokyo, but it looks like last time I complained about it here
was September:

http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/toybox-landley.net/2017-September/009149.html

So that's another reason why you might not have gotten all the emails. I
just finished manually re-enabling each user through the web ui (because
dreamhost won't give me command line access to the mailman plumbing), so
it should be back...

There's a reason I check the web archive so much...