[Toybox] dd man page

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jul 14 11:48:47 PDT 2017

On 07/13/2017 10:44 PM, Alain Toussaint wrote:
> In the feature request department, I would love a wipefs command who
> does similar to how I use dd. current wipefs from e2fsprogs leave out
> some artifact when asked to wipe disk signatures...
>
> Al

Define "some artifact"? It looks like it's basically blkid traversing
the table and overwriting  any matches it finds with zeroes?

And yeah, I always used dd for that. Didn't know there was a command.
and I don't see how making it not there but recoverable is useful? (You
can backup the contents of a block device with "cat" if you really need
to...)