[Toybox] toybox fdisk

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 8 12:20:22 PDT 2017

On 05/05/2017 07:58 PM, enh wrote:
> anyone used toybox fdisk? it's in pending, so i've no idea how close
> to usable it is. there's a team asking for fdisk and i'm wondering
> whether it's "close enough to usable" and i wouldn't be insane to
> committing to fixing bugs, or "not even the original author ran it
> once"...

The original author is a large corporation that wanted to remain
anonymous after that whole https://lwn.net/Articles/478308/ thing.
They're almost single handledly responsible for the existence of the
"pending" directory because I couldn't keep up with the review on all
their submissions. :)

My big todo items for fdisk (other than finding time to carefully read
through 1300 lines of code) are 1) sfdisk-style API (possibly less
disgusting, but definitely scriptable and well documented), 2) research
how EFI partitions work (to add support for that), 3) come up with 8
gazillion ways to test it which means QEMU in the test suite.