[Toybox] sed -i

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Dec 11 15:24:33 PST 2018

On 12/11/18 4:09 PM, enh via Toybox wrote:
> what's the right way to express an argument like sed's -iSUFFIX that takes an
> _optional_ string argument? right now i'm struggling to think of a similar
> option to copy & paste from...

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I implemented ; in lib/args to do optional
argument values, and just fixed a cp.c bug where I wasn't handling the "not set"
case properly?

It's also used in --color for ls, a couple places in nsenter and unshare,
skeleton.c demonstrates it...

I _think_ it handles short arguments properly, but could easily have missed a
case...