[Toybox] strace

enh enh at google.com
Tue Dec 18 15:45:35 PST 2018

i'm just messing with you really... as i think i've said, i'm not
convinced having our own strace is such a great idea. it's just such a
nightmare dealing with multiple personalities, and even at my most
optimistic i think we're years away from a world where that's no
longer relevant. (for Android at least: i think the multiarch desktop
is pretty much dead at this point.)

strace's answer to this is awful (and a reason why the copy in AOSP
tends to lag behind, and a reason why i often just throw away rather
than finish things i've needed like strace parsing of i2c ioctls), but
i think all the options seem pretty awful.

yes, the core ptrace logic isn't too bad. it's the paper cuts from the
hundreds of uapi structs * supported personalities that will kill
you...