[Toybox] gunzip.c cleanup

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jan 19 20:06:59 PST 2018

On 01/17/2018 05:27 PM, enh wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> But since out_name is only really ever used in xcreate() (which doesn't
>> know that "-" means stdout), and in_name doesn't get modified, this is
>> all unnecessary.
>
> it's not unnecessary. this is the cause of all the test failures you
> introduced, including the tar test failures.

There's more than one problem. I removed the FLAG_c setting from
gzip_main() because I'd converted do_gunzip(), but I didn't convert
do_gzip() and that still needs it...

(Sigh. Half-finished...)

> can we revert this so i can at least take the other recent changes?
> (i'm weeks behind at the moment.)

Sorry for the delay answering, my burst of free time ran out and I had
to pack up and and drive cross-country for work. I'll try to get this
fixed (and passing all the tests) by monday.

(I'm also sorry I treated gzip.c as a command in pending. Maybe I should
move all the pending commands android's using to the android directory
so I don't make that mistake again...)

Rob

P.S. The gzip tangent I wandered off on before running out of time was
generic plumbing to handle file.ext->file and file->file.ext, preferably
integrated with the "patch" and "sed -i" file replacement stuff which
means rethinking those. I mention it because I deleted it to focus on
getting this stuff working again, so hopefully this not will remind me
where I left off...

P.P.S. Well, the other tangent was writing up proper ps documentation,
with more cleanup passes on ps to try to simplify it and make it more
understandable. I got maybe the first 1/5 of that checked in even, woo!
It was nice to have some free time over the holidays to work on
something that wasn't an immediate crisis again...