[Toybox] Github "failed to load latest commit information"?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jul 2 12:58:48 PDT 2018

On 07/01/2018 10:50 PM, Robert Thompson wrote:
> I've seen that when javascript is blocked, or partially blocked. I
> think I've seen it once when I was behind a non-transparent
> non-CONNECT proxy, but that was a while ago and I can't verify.
>
> It's not new behavior. I've been seeing this for at least two years,
> unless I allow *all* javascript on github and its child contexts.

The phone tethering reception in cubicleville is marginal enough that pages
trying to load 37 different javascript files don't always get all of them, and
then the browser caches the failure so a reload won't fix it. (Extra fun when it
does that with a stylesheet...)

I'm just glad gmail fixed the pop3 download bug where when it carved out a chunk
of 300 messages for you to download this time, any you didn't download (because
the connection dropped) were deleted off the server. That was a fun couple years...

> I usually restrict javascript by default and allow only the minimum
> necessary for a page to function, because that lets my old junker
> netbook get 6 hours of battery life instead of 2.

Ooh, don't get me started on that...

https://twitter.com/landley/status/1010674769719635969