[Toybox] fuser implementation for toybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 18 09:31:13 PDT 2018

On 03/17/2018 05:12 PM, haroon maqsood wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> i wanted to implement, fuser for toybox.
>
> has any one already started on it ?
>
> are more critical/higer priority  things that need to be done ?

We have lsof 90% done, it sounds like fuser is a variant of that?

$ lsof .elc.txt.swo
COMMAND   PID    USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF     NODE NAME
vi      22535 landley    4u   REG    8,1    12288 11840687 .elc.txt.swo
$ fuser .elc.txt.swo
/home/landley/.elc.txt.swo: 22535
$ toybox lsof .elc.txt.swo
COMMAND     PID       USER   FD      TYPE             DEVICE  SIZE/OFF
NODE NAME
vi        22535    landley    4u      REG                8,1     12288
11840687 /home/landley/.elc.txt.swo

As i said, only 90% done. :)

> i gave it a go and had a couple of questions.
>
> should i post them here ? or mail @rob somehow to get a bit more clarity on them.

Posting them here is fine.

> are there any branch name preferences or i can name my branch
> toybox-posix-fuser-impl ?

Not really? I tend to merge stuff as patches (git format-patch is fine, I can
git am those) so I don't usually merge directly from branches. (I try to avoid
gratuitous merge commits in the repo history.)