[Toybox] Tried NDK 18b...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 31 20:59:32 PDT 2018

Still no llvm-cc symlink. :(

The binaries on http://releases.llvm.org/download.html#7.0.0 don't have that
symlink either. Any idea how to poke the upstream llvm devs to _add_ it?

Rob

P.S. I know posix switched from "cc" to "c99" as the recommended compiler name
despite c11 being out for 7 years now. But as with tar->pax and yanking cpio
from their standard, and still specifying sccs and batch/qdel, nobody seems to
care. Posix is _way_ out of touch in places.

If you want to wean things like the linux kernel build off of "gcc" as the
compiler name, "cc" is the name you go to, and it's one ubuntu's already got.
And you already have a constent "llvm-" prefix on every _other_ command in the
toolchain _except_ cc.

P.P.S. No, I don't know why the llvm prepackaged binaries have llvm-cat. How
they can have llvm-diff, llvm-size, llvm-split, and llvm-strings but _not_
llvm-cc I couldn't tell you. It'd be really nice if they removed most of that
crap before builds grew dependencies on them...