[Toybox] Warning: gcc can't tell this is never used uninitialized, but llvm can.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Oct 30 10:05:49 PDT 2018

On 10/30/18 11:40 AM, Rob Landley wrote:
> And the three warnings gcc produces (but llvm doesn't), the larger todo item for
> which is to figure out what to do about the "int x = x;" stuff,

Ooh, spoke too soon. The gcc guys _did_ split it up so you can specifically
disable this warning without losing the "is used uninitialized" one.

> P.S. This todo item is very, very old:
>
>   https://landley.net/notes-2006.html#31-12-2006

The downside of that: I moved it up my todo list because I could now remove the
initializations because I can disable the warning (assuming current llvm doesn't
barf on the extra flag), but didn't edit the entry to add the extra _why_, and
then forgot about the changed context. :P